• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 10, 2021

    Killing Floor If there's ever new KF, perk system should be remade entirely.

    Killing Floor If there's ever new KF, perk system should be remade entirely.


    If there's ever new KF, perk system should be remade entirely.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:22 AM PST

    If there's ever new KF, perk system should be remade entirely.

    So, I've been thinking for some time about KF2 perk system, and how restricting it is. So I decided to give my idea on how it could work.

    The main idea I have for new perk system, is to make it more open to experimentation. So I think we should get rid of perks entirely. I, personally, always can't choose what weapon to play with, or, even, I want to play with many different weapons at once. The easy solution would be to play with survivor, but even that class has plenty restrictions, and is weaker overall. So removing perks would allow for players to play with some great weapon variations, and not be punished for using wrong weapon types with wrong classes. Bear with me for a bit, I'll explain in great detail later.

    I had some fun sitting in Photoshop for past hour, making this UI redesign, so let me explain what's everything is in that image

    (Please note, I made this in Photoshop in less than hour, so quality of this image is pretty bad. Also, I made this image to help visualize my idea, and I'm not suggesting developers to use this exact design)

    So, let's start with "CHOSEN SKILLS" part, which is probably most important change.

    • Since we're abandoning perks, players now can choose up to 5 skills (like before), with almost full freedom on variation. First skill increases players movement speed by 15%. The idea behind new stat skills is to make them to be more universal. Instead of "shotguns deal more damage" it's now "all weapons deal more damage". It should be noted, that this change may break the game, with players just stacking weapon buffs on the most powerful weapons, like shotguns. So this one is for debate. Perhaps it could be made so that all weapons would be divided into different categories, like "heavy" or "light", or just leave it like it is now with weapons being divided the their types.
    • The nest skill increases player damage against Fleshpounds and Scrakes. I like this idea, since it adds some bonuses for players that like to focus on different Zeds. There could be variations that increase boss damage, or damage against lesser Zeds (spiders, clots, cysts). Though, most players probably won't ever unequip skills against large Zeds, so this idea may be scrapped as well.
    • Next two skills are gameplay changing ones. Since we're abandoning perks, all those cool abilities, like trapping doors, or giving other players ammo. So they could be made into skills, that players can equip in special 6 slot. I added some ideas for new ones myself, like giving players short dodge, or being able to parry with firearms.

    Next on the list is... basically everything else, since there's not as much to talk about.

    • "PERK BONUSES" window is purely cosmetical, it would show players stats overall.
    • "CHANGE LOADOUT" allows you to choose main starting weapons and type of grenade that you'd use. All starting weapons are the same as they are right now, to not trivialize gameplay, though I like the idea of having a skill that allows players to choose better starting weapon, or start with bonus dosh.
    • Since KF2 is a team game, removing perks would remove match transparency. When somebody plays medic, you can expect them to heal you, but removing perks would make it harder to know what you're teammates are using. "CHOOSE ROLE" allows players to signal what way they want to play, by changing icon near their nameplates, just like it is now.

    That's basically it. I understand, that there are many blind spots in my idea, since it would take quite some time to think all of this through. So, if you have any suggestions, or criticisms, I'd love to hear them.

    Also, important note, I'm not trying to say that my concept is better than what this game has now. It's just a different idea, that, with enough testing, could work in a sequel.

    https://preview.redd.it/19znrylx3og61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=ac0791397fdb12512b3d334802ab71567395994e

    submitted by /u/KnightLaks
    [link] [comments]

    Any melee Berserker only tips for fighting Abomination solo?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:19 AM PST

    Just wondering if there is a good melee only approach or if I should keep buying the HRG gun or Frost Fang before the boss wave. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ProductiveAtHome
    [link] [comments]

    Is KF2 still active?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:02 PM PST

    I played KF1 back in it's heyday, and played KF2 on release, but I haven't touched it since like 2018. Is it still active enough to warrant an install?

    submitted by /u/nowivomitcum
    [link] [comments]

    KF2 List of Cosmetics

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:34 PM PST

    Is there anywhere to look at all the cosmetics? Doesn't look like there's any filters on the steam store and looking through hundreds of pages doesn't sound super fun.

    submitted by /u/barrelrollinpeppy
    [link] [comments]

    So how can I set it to just join a lobby and not halfway through a game?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:40 PM PST

    I try the server browser but it takes longer to find a good match and when I join nobody is even there. And whenever I search for a game it's wave 5/7 or some shit like that and then everyone leaves after it ends. And if I create my own nobody ever joins. Is this game just dead or?

    submitted by /u/Smackadeersbike
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment