• Breaking News

    Friday, December 11, 2020

    Killing Floor Killing Floor 2 - State of the Game 2020 by the Project Director for Killing Floor 2

    Killing Floor Killing Floor 2 - State of the Game 2020 by the Project Director for Killing Floor 2


    Killing Floor 2 - State of the Game 2020 by the Project Director for Killing Floor 2

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:18 AM PST

    Still not sure how I survived this...

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:22 AM PST

    Elysium map should not have been part of the Christmas update.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:08 AM PST

    The map sucks. Not just the main area, but the randomized ones you teleport to as well. And we should have had something winter-themed.

    The main map is too open, and bloats and sirens can too often drop right down on you and attack before you realize it. The ammo crate spawning is not working except in one place (at least on PC), making harder difficulties and squads without support way more difficult. The theme of the map is all over the place, with objects that thematically make no sense. Once the black hole-looking things appear, it slows my framerate under 60fps, something no other map does. The map just looks like something out of KF1 rather than KF2. No doors to weld, too, so support and demo lose effectiveness.

    The side maps - some of them have areas that look like you can jump over objects or tunnels you can go through that are blocked by invisible walls. The maps, like the main one, look very KF1 instead of KF2. I get it is a community-made map, but I have seen much better ones on youtube, some winter-themed, that look and play a whole lot better.

    I honestly am very disappointed in this last update, and while the game is now old enough that we probably should just be appreciative of any new content, the fact that the new weapon is very meh, the other is paid DLC, and the Elysium map sucks I fear means the future of this game seems bleak. I know KF3 is already in development, but I really hope we get a better update when the next one rolls around.

    submitted by /u/chriswrightmusic
    [link] [comments]

    Kf2 dedicated server setup. Since the X mas update came out, I try everything including reinstall the server but my friends still can't join my own game. The below are my Asus RT-AC86U router newest firmware. My friends joins via public ip address and I even turn on my DMZ but nothing works help! ♥

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Is cdkeys.com safe?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:26 PM PST

    Killing Floor 2 deluxe edition is on sale there for €4.49 at the moment and I'm just wondering if it's safe and if not, do you think it will be on sale on steam for Christmas?

    submitted by /u/__GeneralGrievous
    [link] [comments]

    Make your own HRG

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:34 AM PST

    No bullshit, make up your own HRG variant

    submitted by /u/jortsandcohorts
    [link] [comments]

    Controller Deadzone comparison Before and After Update.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:21 PM PST

    Hello everyone. The Christmas update added and change a few things with the controller aiming.

    This update has added deadzone and acceleration jump sliders, as well as changed the aiming deadzone from a square to circle.

    Killing Floor 2(pre update) deadzone | dotgraph

    Killing Floor 2(post update) deadzone | dotgraph

    Note: I didn't test the movement deadzone in the previous version, and did so with this update. Movement remains a square.

    Switching from a square to a circular deadzones removes the restricted regions of diagonal movement(now offers accurate diagonal movement), and makes exiting the deadzone and acceleration consistent on any angle. The acceleration threshold is slightly smaller because it was stretched with the square deadzone.

    Otherwise the default deadzone and acceleration jump values seem the same as before.

    Response and additional request.

    Personally this update seems like a straight upgrade, and why I requested these changes regularly. But it's unfortunate that this change seems to have ruined the game for some players. More games are moving to circular deadzones and this puts Killing Floor more in line with games like CoD, Apex, or Battlefield, but being used to 4 years of square deadzones might be an adjustement.

    There is a way to offer both circular and square deadzones at the same time to accommodate any preference of player if the developers are able to add another option. We could either see a toggle for the deadzone types, or allow both at the same time with a separate circle and square deadzone slider.

    Halo MCC offered the latter when it offered it's aiming changes. The rounded square deadzones the later games in that series used are simply created by setting up a square deadzone, and then adding a circular deadzone on top. This allows you to adjust the circular and square deadzone separately to customize how much of one you'd like to use.

    The same could be applied here.

    https://www.desmos.com/calculator/fce2bk4y0f

    That's a graph demonstrating this, with the current 20% circular deadzone Killing Floor 2 switched to. Setting the square deadzone to 0.2 and the circular deadzone to 0.0 gives you the old square deadzone. Any combination of values is possible, though how they add up isn't intuitive(the circular deadzone is relative to the remaining range after the square ex. both square and circular deadzone at 0.2 would give a 36% deadzone).

    Conclusion

    Overall I think this is a great quality of life for controllers, but it'd be great for another update to cater to players who aren't happy with the change, either through separate deadzone type sliders, or just a toggle to swap between them.

    submitted by /u/EternalDahaka
    [link] [comments]

    [Theory] Secret on Elysium?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:53 PM PST

    So I played the new map for the first time I have obviously noticed all that weird assets just appearing in the "hub" arena. Two of them really struck my attention - the white spheres you can move by shooting them and the arms protruding from the ground. It almost looks like the arms are supposed to be holding something round - like the white spheres. I tried to move them near the arms, but because of the map's nature and the spheres' weight it seems almost impossible, but still plausible. Does anybody have any idea how can I do this?

    submitted by /u/wojtaj1
    [link] [comments]

    Insta-Splat!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:24 PM PST

    new christmas update bricked my game, playing on windows 10, bugsplat appears a few seconds the game poster appears, unable to create report is what it says. tried reinstalling didn't work

    submitted by /u/GoldeHerschel
    [link] [comments]

    Christmas Crackdown Difficulty

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:43 PM PST

    Head's up I'm not trying to complain or bash the event

    So I've played maybe 6 or 7 games now within the last two days and I'm already done with the event achievements, as I'm sure, most of you are. I've seen a lot of ppl complain abt the map, and while I would have liked to seen a bit more "Christmas based", I do like it. My issue is the event's "easiness" to achieve. I felt like Halloween was a grind-took my friends and I abt a week or more to complete it. Before the Halloween event completion on our part, I had earned abt 20 tickets from grinding but with the Christmas, I'm only at 3 and done with seasonal! I prefer a bit of a challenge so I was a little disappointed. I'm relatively new (got KF2 in late August) so maybe this is normal..? Just wanted some feedback on other ppl's thoughts. Happy Holidays!!!

    submitted by /u/Jeighland
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox keys not working??

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:12 PM PST

    So a few days ago I bought a key for 2.49 on the store and I went back to the game and it didn't work. Microsoft isn't registering that I purchased it and I'm at a loss. Anyone know a fix?

    submitted by /u/Aluminum-Box
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment