• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 11, 2020

    Killing Floor EGS Matchmaking Workaround

    Killing Floor EGS Matchmaking Workaround


    EGS Matchmaking Workaround

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    If you don't already know, EGS has Killing Floor 2 free until the 16th that you can add to your library. I had to remove the announcement to put this one up so if you want details, go to this link

    There are still matchmaking issues, please see this megathread for more info: EGS/Epic Issues & Questions Megathread

    To counter this matchmaking issue, it's come to my attention that there is a workaround users are coming up with. It basically involves opening the console command and entering the ip address of a server.

    If your game is crashing before you can even get to the server browser, not sure how to help you at this time. If anybody has found any fixes for that, please comment.

    ETA on a hotfix is still unknown. At least this will get you into games.


    Here's a video of how to setup a server and get in, thanks to u/Mywk - [EPIC] KF2 - Quick server setup and joining - Play with your friends

    This is just a quick tutorial on creating a server and how to join. I tried to make it as quick and clear as possible.

    Made specifically for a couple of friends who just got the game for free from EPIC and couldn't play together so it's extremely rushed (45 minutes of rushed work for a 4 min explanation video), I apologize in advance if anything is not decently explained :/

    If you have any questions or need help just ask and I will gladly try to help out 👍

    His process is a little different than what's listed below but should still work.


    u/fyreNL

    We've found a workaround. Host opens the ports for the game (can be found on google), then directly connect to your friend's IP address that's hosting it. Press ~, opens console, then type "open <ip of your friend>" without the port.

    For example, "open 123.456.789.0"

    u/Gavello

    For those using the epic version and having troubles finding games. You can still connect and join to games directly. It's just the matchmaking and server browser that are hosed.

    If you can find yourself a server ip, just press the ~ key and type in "open ipaddress:port" and you should have no issues connecting. It's how I've gotten friends to join me who just picked the game up for free. You can find some servers by searching places like gametracker.

    So to break it down for people:

    1. Open console command while in the menu. That "~"
    2. Type in "open ipaddress:port" and it should connect you.
    • You would substitute the IP address for "ipaddress" and port number for "port." So, if you want to join the Den of Miracles (in the lfg server list) you would type ~ (wait for line to pop up) and enter "open 192.223.26.91:27015"

    Note:

    The server browser will still be empty. There is nothing anybody can do about that at the moment. You will need to locate servers in another way.


    If you have any additional tips or server sites, or something that would help in regards to this then please comment. If you have feedback on which method works best, then comemnt. Reddit exists so the community can help each other and information can be shared. This is a great opportunity to help your peers.

    submitted by /u/Kaiyoto
    [link] [comments]

    some people are just stupid but this is another level ...

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    [EPIC] KF2 - Quick server setup and joining - Play with your friends

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    I'm in a KF2 fan group on Facebook and this was posted there - Figured y'all would enjoy as we laugh at the "FUCK EPIC" crowd

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    This is for HoE. I'm glad the game is free and all but damn

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    Gonna miss the stats

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    Didn’t realise they buffed Abomination again

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    With the Epic Games release, decided to setup some servers. Makes me so happy to see them already filled after 10 minutes!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    Chaos with epic games

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Alright fellow killers, I bet you all noticed epic game giving kf2 for free, and I will be honest, its total chaos. You have people joining the game with the gamer tag "fortniteboy" and who just spams in chat that he is 8, about how angry he is for dying after rushing into a horde of zeds all alone. However, my biggest concern, is the fact that the servers are really having problems with handling this huge amount of players joining. It sometimes, makes the game unplayable. I am just curious and want to ask the veterans of the game or just genuinely experienced players, what is your opinion, on the current thing happening?

    submitted by /u/csmswaford
    [link] [comments]

    Items not showing up in my inventory

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    This is the truth as I see it

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    Inventory and Store aren't loading since 1099 update (steam)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    Already tried clearing cache and config folders, restarting game, steam and pc.

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/h4uja2
    [link] [comments]

    How to add friends in KF2

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    My friend and I got KF2 through the Epic Games store and I do not know how to add friends to invite to a party. Anybody know how?

    submitted by /u/missinglinksman
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone got any help for the epic to steam problem?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    my friend plays on steam i got the game on epic I saw a few reddit posts about the problem but none of them really showed how most of them just said good luck

    so anyone got a fix on how I can invite my friend to my game even tho I'm on epic and he's on steam?

    I've connected my epic to steam and so has he and I have him added on epic. what else should I do?

    submitted by /u/asampesisgay
    [link] [comments]

    I have the joystick bug from 5 years ago but no joystick plugged in. Anyone able to help?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    So I just got this from EGS and Ive been wanting to try it out, but as detailed on this post, I seem to be having the joystick issue from 5 years ago. Only problem is I have no joystick. I have Mouse, keyboard, a webcam and my headphones in usb. Any fix for this?

    submitted by /u/TouchofRuin
    [link] [comments]

    HAY TUTORIALES PARA CREAR ARMAS PARA EL KF1?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    Buenos días amigos disculpen alguien tendría alguna guía o video para poder crear armas o poder configurarlas soy fanático del kf desde hace muchos años y me gustaría aprender a crear armas Muchas gracias por su atención

    submitted by /u/Snoo_9275
    [link] [comments]

    So i got kf2 on epic games

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    can i sell what i get on the steam market somehow? or would i need to buy the game on steam

    submitted by /u/cxmnsy
    [link] [comments]

    why do so many servers in the browser show 2 or 3 players in them, but they're actually empty?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    I didn't think it was possible for twi to break the game this hard with how little the add to it tbh

    submitted by /u/bort_trob
    [link] [comments]

    KF2 Crossplay problem

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Hi

    I have steam version of and i want to play with my friend who owns game on egs.

    I linked my accounts and my friend did the same.

    I have him in friends list but when I invited nothing happens.

    submitted by /u/Bitwa1410
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Workaround for excessive logging taking up disk space in EGS version

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    - Go to %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame (type this into path in explorer)
    - Delete Logs folder
    - Right click inside KFGame folder -> New -> Text document
    - Make sure you have file extensions view turned on
    - Call it Logs (without any extension)
    - No more writes to disk

    PS. It will still crash on the server browser.

    submitted by /u/jacklul
    [link] [comments]

    Any Brazilian servers for the Epic Games version?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    Killing Floor 2. Even if the server browser does not works, we can join using the console. Thanks

    submitted by /u/lbarboza1911
    [link] [comments]

    Will copying the Steam version work?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    Since it is free on Epic at the moment was wondering if it works because my friend doesn't have the fastest internet speed and it'll probably take him a week to download, i know it worked for GTA V, but if that doesn't work will copying from an Epic version work?

    I've yet to install the game again on Steam and Epic, if that doesn't work I'm probably not gonna bother with it.

    EDIT: Thanks for the clarification.

    submitted by /u/KuyaGwapo
    [link] [comments]

    So are we ever gonna get an ending for kf2?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    In kf1 the ending lead to london which is where we are now. But the story hasn't continued much from there. We got matriarch that showed up and she's hunting the patriarch. But besides that we haven't gotten much story wise

    submitted by /u/xX_ArsonAverage_Xx
    [link] [comments]

    Can you get Oisten Jägerhorn on the epic games launcher version ?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    The game was free on the EGS and i am currently downloading it . Iam wondering if it is possible to get Oisten any help is appricieted

    submitted by /u/DrNewname
    [link] [comments]

    Inventory not showing up and random cosmetics?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    So, yesterday I was playing KF2 on my PC, as normal, then I went to check on my vault, and got a new crate, but when I went to open it, my inventory didn't show up, and when I checked my steam inventory, i had a cosmetic that i did not had previously. "Ok" i thought, "probably got alongside the crate" and played again... But then, the random cosmetics kept showing up, and then, i simply closed the game, and went to sleep hoping that the next day (today) it would fix itself, but it didn't, so I closed the game and came here to ask for help, so...

    Did this happened to someone else? How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Luctlapt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment